Clients: As of July 20th, clients are asked to arrive at Help & Hope Center for their scheduled appointment time. Clients will call from the parking lot, speak to an Advocate & then will be invited into the building to select their groceries.
- please be on time, due to social distancing requirements we must maintain a strict schedule – if you are late, we may need to reschedule your appointment
- please call (303) 688-1114 upon arrival
- masks are required, if you do not have one, we will provide you one
- only one member per household, no children please
- as we must space shoppers, it will be necessary to limit shopping times
- if you are uncomfortable shopping or have children with you, our volunteers will be happy to prepare an order for you
Our processes have changed due to health department guidelines, but we are confident that we can provide a safe, orderly shopping experience for you.
Thank you for your understanding.Facing Financial Hardship?
We are here to help!
Help & Hope Center client service hours are 8:30 AM – Noon, Monday through Friday. You may make an appointment by calling us at (303) 688-1114. Appointments are preferred.
However, we realize that “life happens” and emergencies arise. If immediate assistance is needed and you can’t wait for an appointment, please plan to arrive when we open our doors at 8:30 AM. We are able to serve 20 families per day.
To receive services, please bring the following (if available):
- A photo I.D.
- Proof of residency (a current bill showing a Douglas or Elbert County street address)
- Social Security numbers and dates of birth for all household members
- Your total gross monthly income from all sources
Make an Appointment
Available services include:
- Food and Toiletries – We provide, groceries, toiletries, household supplies and pet food. Additionally, diapers, formula and special dietary items are usually available.
- Housing Assistance – We assist clients with up to $250 in financial assistance in order to prevent homelessness. This help may be applied toward rent or a security deposit.
- Utility Assistance – We provide limited utility assistance (gas, electric and water) to clients with disconnect
- Emergency Overnight Lodging – In conjunction with the Police and Sheriff’s Departments, we provide limited motel vouchers for homeless and transient individuals and families. This assistance is subject to available funding.
- Clothing, Household Items – Clients may “shop” for free in our thrift store, “Treasures on Park Street.” Vouchers are provided for clothing, shoes and household necessities.
- I.D. Documentation – We assist clients in securing the documentation needed to obtain employment, housing, school and social services. We are also able to help with CO Driver’s licenses, CO I.D.’s, birth certificates and GED testing fees.
- Information and Referral – Our staff can make referrals to other agencies and resources that may offer additional assistance.
- Employment Search – Our jobs program provides help with resume preparation, interview skills and employment leads.
Client Services: 1638 Park St., Castle Rock, Colorado 80109
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:30 AM – 12 noon
Additional Local Resources
Douglas County Human Services
Douglas County Government
Douglas County Library for GED
Women’s Crisis Center
Elbert County Social/Human Services
Pets of the Homeless